Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My I-Search

HOW CAN GLOBAL WARMING BECOME THE CENTRAL CULTURAL ISSUE OF MY GENERATION?
I phrased my question this way because it allows me to research many different components of climate change. For example, I can explore the psychological component and what it will take for people to act. These and other sub-questions will help me answer my question. I will also explore why it is vital for my generation to take the lead in fighting global warming. This will give the foundation of my paper that all my research can be built on.
Last year, as most of you know, I wrote my I-Search on global warming. It was more of a general overview of climate change. This year, I want to dig deeper and really learn about how it can become the main issue in our culture today. The evidence of global warming clearly shows astonishing trends that, in a few decades, will be irreversible. We need to act now. But, even in the presidential debates, the environment rarely comes up. This is very frustrating to me. I do not understand why it is taking people so long to realize that simple changes in their lives can make a huge difference. I hope that, by writing this paper, I will have a better idea of why climate change is not yet the biggest problem in our culture today.
I already knew what I wanted my question to be before I started to research. So, I tried to find sources that gave me information that related to my topic. I thought there wasn't going to be much at first. But, I realized that there is a lot of great resources that pertain to my subject. Also, I know many people whom I could interview. They would be able to give me unique perspectives on my topic and help me answer my main question.
This subject thoroughly interests, motivates, and inspires me. I want to write about climate change so that others can learn and make a difference.

No comments: